Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Merry Christmas (or whatever) From The Quantum Terror!

So, we've been doing some color grading...


Turning our well lit sets into dark underground tunnels over the break. Shooting resumes in the new year.
Posted by The Quantum Terror on Monday, December 21, 2015


It's just a non eventful, unedited clip, but we wanted you to see how we're using post production to bring our humble little sets to life. We've gotten a lot of footage shot so far, and while we take a break from filming over the holidays, we thought we'd start editing and adding VFX to what we have so far.


No, no! Not that. That's from Harbinger Down, but I thought I'd do a gag gif for studioADI while I was at it, because they've been so nice to our production, providing us with animatronic tentacles, and all. (I thought it was funny.)

Also, if you missed it, please check out my last article: How Lovecraftian Cosmic Terror Applies As A Metaphor For Modern Society, which give a little more insight on just what kind of horrible monster our heroes will be confronting in The Quantum Terror movie.

"So, what's coming in the new year?" you ask! Well, I personally have been taking some art commissions to subsidies funding for the film, therefor we do have more money to continue shooting our next round of scenes. After that, I have an idea that I'd like to run by you. I'm thinking of bringing the Indiegogo to a close and doing one last Kickstarter for finishing funds.

...
...

Wait. Why would I want to do that, when I'm still able to collect funds from our successful Indiegogo? Well, the reason really comes down to public perception. I've been told by many people that at a glance, our campaign looks like a successfully funded one, that doesn't need or even isn't open to more contributions. Of course, if you spend a little time on our page or any of our social media, you can tell that neither of those things are the case, but I can't blame people for not spending more than a few seconds looking at what amounts to one in a sea of crowdfunding pages.


I think that a new Kickstarter campaign along with a brand new trailer (maybe even an "leaked" scene) with new footage and improved FX could be just the thing to generate new excitement for our movie. What do you think?


One final note before I go. I've been told by one of our contributors that the messages I've been sending them through Indiegogo's messenger service have not been reaching them. If you have pledged and not received a personal message from me, please accept my apologies and let me know by contacting me through thequantumterror (at) gmail (dot) com because I want you to be able to communicate with me at all times and know that I am grateful to each and every one of you.

So, from all of us to you, we want to say Merry Christmas, Happy (belated) Hanukkah, whatever else you might celebrate, and a happy new year. 

As always, thank you!
-Christopher "Moonlight"
Don't forget to follow us and repost the stuff we post on...
https://www.facebook.com/quantumterror
https://twitter.com/quantumterror
https://instagram.com/christophermoonlight/
& IMDB at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5015218/?ref_=rvi_tt


No comments:

Post a Comment