Thursday, May 25, 2017

A Very Special Honest & Heartfelt Update


Hello my valiant supporters,

It's time for a very special honest and heartfelt update for The Quantum Terror movie.

First of all I want to thank everyone for being so patient with me. I see a lot of indie film makers crank out a film within a year or even several short films in that amount of time. I've actually see some of my actors and crew go shoot and release other projects entirely after working on this one, but there's a reason that this one has taken so long. I won't go into it too much, but I'll say that I knew I was taking on a lot when I started and although I still have no doubt that I can achieve it, I admit that I did not anticipate the physical and emotionally challenging toll it would take with me as I drew closer to the finish line. Now, at this point you're maybe thinking, "Oh no, does Christopher have some bad news he's about to tell us?" No. The answer to that is defiantly no. In fact, I'm hoping to have a picture lock by the end of the weekend. (That's Christopher speak for middle of next week.) It's just that because you guys have been there for me through this for so long and given so much of yourself, I want to be strait with you about what this movie is, at this point, right now.

The past couple of months have been the most challenging and taxing. Partly because I'm moving back to California in July and I want to have this movie done before then. Between feeling that deadline, having to pack, take care of my kids, and starting a Patreon page in the hopes to supplement my income a little bit, I admit that the stress got to me a bit and I lost focus. I did what I could, figuring out some VFX problems and shooting stop motion, but I was a bit all over the place and things were not going as smoothly as they could. I was getting tired a little too easily and I was also dealing with some other external problems that I won't go into. Then I found that some of my footage for the second act was missing. Whether it got deleted or we forgot to shoot it in all the madness, I don't know. Fortunately, they were not large or crucial scenes and with a little time away to think on it, I figured out how to work around them. The film was running long, as it was.

Anyway, I'll cut this short and just say that what I thought was going to be just another project turned into one of the most humbling but kickings I've ever had... but it didn't beat me and now we're very close to having a film. There is still a lot of work to be done before July, though. After edit is locked I have some serious VFX work to crank out and our master of audio Derek will have his work cut out for him, too. My God, once this move has some sound and score to it, it's going to be amazing. I really believe that. And then of course I will be fulfilling the rest of my Indiegogo obligations, figuring out the final details of self distribution, advertising, and everything else that comes with it. I still plan to work with Paul Dubiel on the "making of" documentary, and plan to release a black and white version of the film, and a "raw" version showing the film as it is with storyboards, shots without VFX, and commentary.

I could go on and on, but I'll just say this one last thing. I think this movie is good. I could be wrong but from where I'm sitting, everything I planned, all the effects and editing tricks, all the sets and miniatures, it all works how I intended. I look at what we've done and I feel excited. I held this project to a very high standard and I think we met it. I feel proud and I can't wait for you all to sit down and watch this film, from beginning to end. You are a part of that and I'm very grateful to you.
Thank you so much

Cheers.

Your more or less fearless leader,
Christopher

Don't forget to follow us and share the stuff we post on...
https://www.facebook.com/quantumterror
http://www.thequantumterror.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/quantumterror

Also follow me personally at...
https://www.facebook.com/christophermoonlight
http://twitter.com/MoonlightArtMag
https://instagram.com/christophermoonlight/ 
http://patreon.com/christophermoonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment